Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Name Change and a New Release

Hello everyone! I know it has been quite a while since the last update. I have been busy adjusting to college life, so my time to work on this has been reduced. In addition, the inventory system had been giving me endless trouble in implementation that smothered much of my enthusiasm to work on the game. Luckily, I've now settled into college life and conquered the issues I was having with the inventory system!

A lot has changed since the last release (V0022 way back in May). In fact, this is essentially an entirely new game, both in the current features present and the direction I would like to take the game. While the game has progressed significantly since the last release, the actual features in this release have decreased. As a matter of fact, there isn't much to do right now aside from walking around and opening your inventory. Many of the previous features are still present in the code, but need to be updated to the new control scheme.

These changes are made to reflect the evolution of what this game is, changing to a more RTS/RPG feel. In addition, the name of the game is also changing to Obelisk, to reflect some true story elements I've been working on. There will be more information to come on that down the line.

In the meantime, I leave with you Obelisk InDev Version 0027: Download!

As always, check the changelog for more recent changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment